struggling with jet lag

2/4/16


i've travelled a few times where i've had to deal with jet lag, but for some reason it is really hitting me hard this time around after coming back from arizona. even though it was only a two hour time difference i feel like it has totally thrown me off of my game.

i've realized recently that i am someone who needs routine. i need to have some sort of constant or familiarity in my day to keep things running smoothly. and when i can't keep that routine all hell seems to break loose.

today for example. i had such a hard time getting to sleep last night. i normally try to aim to by asleep by 11:30 at the latest, and was definitely up until 3am. and then i had early morning pilates, and class, and ran some errands. and by 4 o'clock i was just done. i feel asleep around 4:30 until 10, which i never do. sleeping during the day is something i try to avoid like the devil because it really throws me off my game.

and now it's almost midnight and i feel delirious and sick to my stomach, and tired but not able to fall asleep all at the same time. and i hate it because i know it's going to throw off my schedule tomorrow and i mean when does it end!?

so i'm hoping that tomorrow i can go to work and then take the evening to get back on track. from cooking a nice meal to getting ready for bed early, which will hopefully mean getting to sleep early. fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment